Deadline: 28 April 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Yerevan, Armenia. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Draft correspondence and documents based on written/verbal prompts from the Professional staff of the unit and independently composes and finalizes correspondence of administrative nature.
- Revise unit correspondence, reports, and documents for proper form and (non-technical) content.
- Take notes at meetings, types reports and other documentation and arrange duty travel.
- Scan, record, refer and follow up correspondence and documents, evaluates the urgency or critical nature of items, and brings them to the attention of the responsible staff.
- Inform and remind responsible staff of follow-up dates and deadlines for response or specific actions, supplying supporting material as appropriate.
- Use GSM, monitors aspects of the implementation of activities and availability of funds for project/programme budget levels and financial expenditures, according to the approved projects.
- Assemble draft background for planning, monitoring and evaluation exercises, inputs duty travel recommendations and issues reminders re follow up, records project/programme monitoring and evaluation notes.
- Make administrative arrangements for country and inter country activities including preparation of various committal documents related to procurement of goods and services, arrangements of study tours and duty travel in accordance with the approved programme budget/collaborative programmes with countries.
- Assists in the organization of meetings held in-house or in Member States (working groups, seminars/courses, workshops, and symposia), i.e.: makes administrative preparations, including organization of practical local arrangements, advance transport of documents/equipment and hospitality.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support during the meetings, and pays per diem to participants if required.
Applicant must have
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Relevant higher education from an accredited institution.
- At least 5 year’s progressively responsible experience in the secretarial/administrative field.
- Previous work experience with WHO/UN organizations.
- Proficiency in the use of standard office computer software, note taking and operation of computerized systems and databases.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French and local language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.