Deadline: 18 August 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer in Armenia.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Officer will perform the following functions:
- Knowledge Management for Programmes
- Contribute to country programmes by supporting knowledge management on climate change, adolescent participation and community engagement through providing professional assistance in data collection and analysis, complete and accurate reporting as well as participation in the Programme Knowledge Network system of “lessons learned” and other corporate-level databases.
- Programme Development and Management
- Provide professional technical assistance in the overall coordination of the “Adolescents for Climate Action in their Communities” project, funded by ADA, and support to other similar projects.
- Optimum Use of Program Funds
- Monitor the project implementation progress and compliance.
- Monitor the allocation and disbursement of project funds, making sure that funds are properly coordinated, monitored and liquidated.
- Take appropriate recommendations or actions to optimize use of project funds.
- Programme Monitoring and Evaluations
- Undertake field visits to monitor and assess programme implementation and decides on required corrective action.
- Rights-Based and Results-Based Programme Management Approach
- Support a rights-based programmes approach in the formulation of project goals and objectives and development of strategies and implementation frameworks.
- Partnership, Coordination and Collaboration
- Facilitate partnership and collaboration with internal and external counterparts, including those of the UN and national partners, in order to improve the ability to collect and disseminate development data and information, exchange information on programme/project status and implementation and movement/distribution of supplies.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, Climate, Environment, Resilience or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 1 year’s relevant professional work experience is required.
- Experience working with adolescents and/or youth is required.
- Knowledge of Child Rights is required.
- Familiar with gender equality principles.
- Background/familiarity with emergency is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in Armenian and English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language, such as Russian, is an asset.
- Nationality of Armenia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.