Deadline: 11 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer in Yerevan, Armenia.
The Programme Officer will provide technical assistance for programme design, planning and implementation as well as management of three major programme components: research, policy advocacy and media partnership/ C4SC interventions.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide professional technical assistance in programme development and management by collecting and analyzing data and monitoring implementation progress.
- Contribute to the identification of critical intervention points and measures by administering a consistent and transparent monitoring system.
- Analyze programme related issues and policies from children’s and women’s rights perspective and advocacy at the community and family levels for elevating credibility in national policy debates.
- Promote the organization goals of UNICEF through active advocacy and communication.
- Provide involved stakeholders and partners with technical assistance and support for the purpose of capacity building and programme sustainability.
- Monitor programme implementation progress and compliance.
- Monitor the allocation and disbursement of programme funds, making sure that funds are properly coordinated, monitored and liquidated.
- Undertake field visits to monitor and assess programme implementation and decide on required corrective action.
- Collaborate with partners to carry out a rigorous and transparent approach to evaluation to improve efficiency and quality of programme delivery.
- Participate in coordination meetings with government counterparts and other stakeholders.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in Social Sciences, including Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy and Social Development, or other relevant disciplines.
- Specialized training in Sociology and Communication for Development is an asset.
- 2 years of relevant professional work experience and/or field work experience.
- Experience in Research, Monitoring & Evaluation, Advocacy and Communication for Social Change is an asset.
- Fluency in Armenian and English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language, such as Russian is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.