Deadline: 16 June 2016
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance & Administration Coordinator in Sydney, Australia.
The Finance & Administration Coordinator will assist in the areas of financial management, control, reporting and administration.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance & Administration Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Works independently on all or a combination of the following transactions and/or clearly defined areas, depending on the assignment/instructions from supervisors (International Staff and/or National Staff).
- Maintains accurate and timely accounting records of all the Resident Mission’s (RM’s) financial transactions relating to both operational and administrative activities, according to ADB’s guidelines and procedures.
- Reviews, verifies, and validates within closely defined ADB procedures and guidelines and under direct guidance the accuracy and propriety of supporting documentation from internal and external claims.
- Prepares, according to ADB’s guidelines and procedures the necessary documentation for the liquidation of monthly financial transactions; creates e-copies of vouchers and their supporting documentation.
- Handles the office’s petty cash.
- Prepares/verifies the necessary purchase orders, vouchers, receipts, and other supporting documentation for the RM’s financial transactions, according to ADB’s guidelines and procedures.
- Prepares and submits through the Finance and Administration Officer (FAO), to the Regional Director (RD PLCO), monthly, quarterly and annual budget and accounting reports to ADB Headquarters (HQ) as required, and ad hoc reports requested by the RM Management and ADB HQ.
- Assists FAO and RD PLCO in the budget reviews and prepares and maintains data inputs necessary for the budget mid-year, revised, and annual financial estimates.
- Assists the FAO in reviewing Mission Authorization Requests (MARs), Travel Authorization Requests (TRAs), and Requests for Reimbursement of Business Travel (RRBTs).
- Liaises with government officials on tax and other relevant matters.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, economics or other related subjects.
- 5 years of relevant professional experience preferably in an international organization, of which at least 3 years are in financial accounting.
- Comprehensive knowledge in accounting and commercial matters.
- Proficiency in the use of technology packages (common word-processing, spreadsheets, and graphics, PowerPoint, web-browsing and search engines) and accounting software.
- Excellent written and communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.