Deadline: 28 July 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Community Mobilizer in Baku, Azerbaijan.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Community Mobilizer will perform the following functions-
- Support Project team in arranging and conduction of capacity building activities for farmers in regions.
- Mobilize and prepare farmers for capacity building activities at local level.
- Support Project team with Demo Plot establishment processes and overseeing the use of provided equipment/tools/machinery.
- Liaise and coordinate capacity building activities between farmers and technical experts/consultants at local level.
- Keep the project team updated of the activities, and overall atmosphere of local communities regarding the project.
- Act as a contact point for farmers regarding any question, interest or issues with the project.
- Collect success stories and case studies from the project affected beneficiaries in regions and ensure publicize them on social media.
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data at local level for monitoring and evaluation purposes of the project.
- Support the project team in the organization of field missions and events at local level as requested.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree on education or social and administrative sciences such as economics, business administration, political sciences, sociology, social work, development studies with a focus on rural and community development and/or a Degree on agrarian sciences or agronomy with an understanding of social and economic dimensions of rural and agrarian contexts.
- Minimum 3 year’s experience in the implementation of community development, agricultural or social projects in rural areas.
- Experience working with rural communities, rural business development or organization of capacity building activities.
- Ability to think proactively and be calm in sometimes hectic situations.
- Good administrative and IT skills (including Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel).
- Working knowledge of English and excellent command over Azerbaijani.
- Nationality of Azerbaijan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.