Deadline: 22 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Financial Management & Systems Specialist in Baku, Azerbaijan.
The Financial Management & Systems Specialist will be responsible for the financial coordination of the Azerbaijan LFA Team and for helping ensure that all LFA work is of high quality and completed within the timeframe set by the Global Fund.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Financial Management & Systems Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Review Disbursement Request/Financial Progress Updates and complete the LFA Progress Review and Recommendation for Ongoing Disbursement forms.
- Timely and relevant review and comments to the Global Fund on the PR’s completed Enhanced Financial Reporting format.
- Review various documents submitted by Principal Recipient and provide independent opinion/analysis of financial adequacy for Global Fund grants including budgets, their revisions, Concept Notes, etc.
- Follow data verification procedures and formats, conduct field visits and using the format given by the Global Fund, provide independent opinion and analysis on the financial management by the PR.
- Conduct any other analysis requested by the LFA Team Leader from time to time.
- Identify financial weaknesses and make recommendations with timeframes for necessary follow up by the PR.
- Discuss with the Country Team Leader any other institutional and financial aspects to be reviewed and take action.
- Prepare mission reports on the format required by Global Fund and submit it to the Country TL.
- Attend field visits with/ without the finance team members and debrief the SRs/SSRs on the field visit outcomes.
- Suggest remedial measures on the potential weaknesses of the SR Management in the optimum utilization of Global Fund grant money and safeguarding the grants against any fraud.
- Red-flagging for the Global Fund of any potential risk of misuse of the Global Fund Grants.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University (master’s) degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields is required.
- University degree (bachelor) in Accounting, Finance or related fields with an additional experience of 2 years may be accepted in lieu of the master’s degree.
- Internationally recognized professional accounting qualification is desirable (CA/CMA/CPA/ACCA etc.)
- 5 years of post-master degree qualification experience in financial management, audit or accounting.
- 7 years of post-bachelor degree qualification experience in financial management, audit or accounting.
- Fluency in English and Azeri is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.