Deadline: 27 October 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Specialist on Nutrition in Baku, Azerbaijan.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Specialist on Nutritionwill perform the following functions-
- For the development of national report on nutrition and food systems
- Support international experts in collecting and analysing secondary data on food and nutrition from official statistics and other relevant sources such as published research papers and international agencies.
- Provide technical inputs to the national report drafted by international experts.
- For the development of national Food-Based Dietary Guideline (FBDG)
- Identify technical and institutional gaps in developing national FBDG and needs for capacity development.
- For both components
- Maintain regular communication and ensure close coordination with national stakeholders and counterparts in project activities.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in nutrition, food technology, food safety, food security, health or a related field.
- At least 5 year’s professional experience in the area of nutrition policies and programmes.
- Working experience with government institutions, universities, research institutions, national or international agencies.
- Working knowledge of English.
- Nationality of Azerbaijan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.