Deadline: 9 June 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Social Policy Specialist in Baku, Azerbaijan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Social Policy Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Improve data on child poverty & vulnerability for increased use for policy and programme action
- Support the collection, analysis and user-friendly presentation of data on multidimensional and monetary child poverty, including strengthening national capacity to collect routinely, report and use data for policy decision-making.
- Provide timely, regular data-driven analysis for effective prioritization, planning, and development; facilitates results-based management for planning, adjusting, and scaling-up specific social policy initiatives to reduce child poverty.
- Strengthen social protection coverage and impact for children
- Support the development of social protection policies, legislation and programmes with attention to increasing coverage of and impact on children, with special attention the most marginalized. Identifies, generates and presents evidence to support this goal in collaboration with partners.
- Improve use of public financial resources for children
- Undertake budget analysis to inform UNICEF’s advocacy and technical assistance to Ministries of Finance, planning commissions and social sector ministries to improve equitable allocations for essential services for children.
- Work with sector colleagues to build capacity to undertake costing and cost effectiveness analysis on priority interventions to help inform policy decisions on child-focused investments.
- Strengthen capacity of local governments to plan, budget, consult on and monitor child-focused social services
- Collaborate with central and local authorities to improve policies, planning, budgeting, consultation and accountability processes so that decisions and child-focused service delivery more closely respond to the needs of local communities.
- Collaborate with the central and local authorities to strengthen capacity on quality data collection, analysis for policy development, planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring of essential social services, with emphasis on community participation and accountability.
- Strengthen advocacy and partnerships for child-sensitive social policy
- Support correct and compelling use of data and evidence on the situation of children and coverage and impact of child focused services – in support of the social policy programme and the country programme overall.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields is required Economics, Public finance and Policy, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant professional work experience is required.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Background and/or familiarity with emergency is considered as a strong asset.
- Fluency in English and Azerbaijani languages are required.
- Nationality of Azerbaijan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.