Deadline: 7 October 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Officer in Manama, Bahrain . The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Management Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure the development and preparation of programmatic health sector agendas to ensure a consistent and standard approach for implementing the Public Health activities in the WHO Country Office.
- Provide technical support to the overall project management with cross cutting approach including grants management, budget, work planning, day-to-day operation, monitoring and evaluation of work plans to ensure the effective execution of the projects implemented at country level.
- Assist in the implementation of priority public health activities through regular coordination meetings with the Ministry of Health and relevant health partners, to monitor and assess situations and needs, redirect efforts in line with international standards and local priorities and consolidate health sector activities at national level.
- Conduct analysis, consolidation and dissemination of programmatic Public Health information responding to gaps and needs and document WHO’s role on several Public Health topics.
- Monitor and advise on the proper use of designated funds to achieve results as per defined indicators; underpin compliance with project management principles.
- Advise on monitoring and project evaluation tools to provide the responsible technical officers and Management with critical programme performance measures necessary to maintain delivery of programme targets, and preparation of reports.
- Liaise and coordinate with the Resource Mobilization Officer to secure rapid funding for immediate needs with sustainable, predictable financing for programme activities.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Public Health, Management, Social sciences, Administration or related field.
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s level or above) in the area of Public Health, Management, Administration or related field.
- Formal training/relevant experience in project management and/or health policy/planning.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience working with public health programmes providing technical and administrative support on programmatic issues.
- Relevant work experience in WHO, other UN agencies or relevant international organizations.
- Good knowledge and skills in thearea of Public Health.
- Expert knowledge of English and Arabic.
- Intermediate knowledge of Another WHO language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.