Deadline: 24 May 2021
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Child Protection Officer in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Child Protection Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure daily quality implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of child protection- related projects and interventions.
- Engage with the community and community representatives to understand needs and gaps in child protection programming.
- Maintain close contacts with local authorities such as CiCs in the refugee settlement; intervene as and when necessary, to protect children.
- Lead role in setting up Child-Friendly Spaces (CFS) – liaising with the community.
- Lead role in setting up the mobile outreach component for girls – identifying needs and designing the modality reflective of that.
- Support child protection cases that come through the information hubs/community service desks in ensuring services respond to the needs of persons of concern, provide them information and resources to access services, and make appropriate referrals to other service providers if required.
- Identification of youth leaders and providing technical guidance and support to establish a programme for the CFS.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in social sciences, development studies, guidance, and counseling or relevant fields.
- Minimum 2 year’s experience working with vulnerable communities, basic needs, and distribution programming experience, and/or advocacy programs.
- Experience in protection interventions in line with Refugee’s operation.
- Experience in working with UN or Non‐Governmental organizations.
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Good organizational and management skills.
- Fluency in spoken English and strong writing/reporting skills in English and Chittagonian language skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.