Deadline: 20 April 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communication for Development Officer in Mymensingh, Bangladesh.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communication for Development Officer will perform the following functions:
- C4D Micro-Strategy Design, Work Planning and Implementation Monitoring
- Provide technical support for planning and implementing C4D/ SBCC/ demand-side components of CP, Education, HIV/AIDS, Health, Nutrition, and WASH programmes in the division.
- Provide C4D/ SBCC related technical support to the development, management and implementation of overall Field Office work plans, including contributions to the budget and programme review and planning process.
- Networking, Partnerships & Coordination
- Represent UNICEF among external governmental, NGO and other partners within the division for C4D related planning, programming and processes.
- Establish, develop or strengthen partnerships with various religious groups, traditional and local leaders, community level influencers, local level decision makers, academics, artists, private sector, local media groups and communication agencies, as well as NGOs, CSOs and other organized groups in the division to harmonize demand creation efforts, solicit involvement in/contract for the implementation of the country programme in support of child rights, and build capacity in C4D/ SBCC/ social mobilization & community engagement.
- Local Capacity Development & Systems Strengthening in C4D
- Engage with and provide technical support to local government counterparts, local partner institutions (e.g. local universities) and networks (e.g. community radio) in the development and appropriate use of inclusive and evidence based C4D/SBCC strategies.
- Develop, strengthen and support local training and orientation interventions and materials to build competencies in inclusive and evidence based C4D/SBCC at various government levels and among UNICEF partners in the division, to facilitate programme sustainability.
- Research, Innovation and Knowledge Management
- Collaboration with partners carry out/ facilitate C4D related research (formative, process, summative, rapid assessments) in the division on the basis of applied social research and UNICEF standards.
- Assess local needs, and synthesize available data and analytics to obtain evidence on local behavioral and socio-cultural barriers and bottlenecks that hinder effective sectoral/cross sectoral programme delivery.
- Support to Field Office Operations & Management
- Provide operational and managerial support to field office as assigned by supervisor.
- Support leveraging of resources and funds utilization at divisional level.
- Local Advocacy and Media Relations Support
- Conduct or support local level advocacy on child rights issues aligned to national policies and programmes.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in the social/behavioral sciences (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, communication, Health communication, and Health Education) with emphasis on participatory communication, communication planning, social mobilization, participatory research, training and impact evaluation of social and behaviour change communication interventions.
- Advanced University Degree in the social/behavioral sciences listed above is an asset.
- At least 5 year’s progressively responsible work experience in the planning and management of social development programmes, including two years at sub-national level, with practical experience in the adaptation and application of C4D planning processes to specific programmes.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.