Deadline: 1 October 2021
The Asia Foundation is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Chief of Party in Bangladesh.
The Asia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia
Key Job Responsibilities
The Deputy Chief of Party will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical leadership for activities under the project, including conceptualizing, designing, implementing and monitoring innovative, cutting-edge programming and technical leadership activities.
- Ensure both internal management and external coordination for successful project outcomes.
- Serve as the chief of party during COP absence.
- Supervise a team of professionals and experts in inclusion, monitoring and evaluation, and grants management.
- Support transfer of skills and knowledge to local staff and local organizations.
Applicants must have:
- Relevant Degree in international development, public administration, public policy, or a related field of study.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience as deputy chief of party or project manager on a project of similar size and scope (USAID experience preferred).
- Demonstrate leadership/managerial, technical, and administrative skills in program management, including managing budgets and personnel, motivating and supervising team efforts.
- Technical expertise in several of the following areas open governance, accountability, counter corruption, local governance, social accountability, and/or civil society strengthening.
- Solid understanding of the value systems, traditions, and social norms and practices in South Asia, particularly in Bangladesh, is strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Bangla are a strong plus.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Asia Foundation.