Deadline: 18 October 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Programme Development Manager in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Education Programme Development Manager will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of the Education programme. The PDM has responsibility for the national Education programme, including local partner implementation.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Education Programme Development Manager will perform the following functions:
- Develop the Education strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs.
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, Education tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Responsible for development and management of funding proposals, project budgets and donor reports according to Financial Handbook and donor requirements.
- Overall management of project staff.
- Coordinate and manage Education project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/sectors/working groups.
- Promote the rights of refugees and ensure adherence to humanitarian principles.
- Implement project specific protection priorities.
- Lead on development of Education advocacy messages.
Applicants must have:
- Candidates with a university and/or advanced degree preferred; significant experience in the field of education, PSS or child protection considered in lieu.
- Technical Education expertise.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Experience with facilitating trainings at both the office and field level.
- Experience with remote management is an asset.
- Experience managing partnerships and growing programmes.
- Experience working in a start-up is an asset.
- Experience with youth and adolescent programming.
- Experience building the capacity of a team and conducting large-scale trainings.
- Understanding of SPHERE and INEE minimum standards.
- Knowledge of Child Protection and psychosocial support.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in verbal and written English required, Rohingya or Bangla an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.