Deadline: 17 August 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Executive Assistant in Cox’s Bazaar, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Draft/prepare general correspondences ensuring grammatical accuracy, spelling, format and conformity with procedural directives and assist in preparing technical presentations.
- Support the Head of Office in planning his day to day appointments, meeting with visitors and dignitaries ensuring adequate follow-ups wherever required ensuring high level of professionalism in handling high level visitors/dignitaries.
- Maintain close coordination with the Offices of other UN Agencies in Cox’s Bazar for effective coordination of meetings and other official engagements.
- Maintain updated list of all Heads of Agencies, Senior National Authorities, important INGOs and NGOs who are actively collaborating with WHO programme for effective coordination of meetings and appointments.
- Take minutes of meetings – Management Meeting, Staff Meeting and circulate to all relevant staff as directed by the Head of Office.
- Update the Head of Office with timely information on critical areas wherever required including updated Award balances, pending issues that requires attention.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Public Administration, Human Resources, Accounting/ related business field would be an asset.
- Training in administrative and office management practices would be an advantage.
- At least 5 year’s experience in administrative and programme support work.
- Working experience in WHO or another UN agency or international organization is an asset.
- Experience in Oracle-based or other ERP system would be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of modern office procedures and practices, ability to draft correspondence, compile information and prepare summaries, take notes and produce required drafts, ability to carry out a wide variety of office management tasks.
- Expert knowledge of English and Bangla.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.