Deadline: 12 April 2021
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Support Payments, receipts and disbursement of funds.
- Provide support to the finance unit DRC country office and field offices.
- Assist during audit to retrieve all relevant documents for audit exercise.
- Assist others requiring information on transactions to retrieve relevant payment vouchers and documentation for their use.
- Registration of all paid vouchers on Dynamics on daily basis, as needed.
- Weekly Bank and cash Reconciliation.
- Writing of Cheques against the approved payment voucher.
- Payment of participants and other cash payments out of the office.
- Update daily Cash Register and reconcile cash and book balances.
- Maintain proper filing and easy retrieval of finance documentation.
- Perform Bank related activities (Collecting Bank Statements, collect office petty cash, etc.
- Conduct weekly and month end cash counts.
- Maintain petty cash with strong supervision from the finance team leader.
- Update & maintain manual cash book.
Applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, Commerce, Accounting, or Management.
- 1 year’s experiences in similar role.
- Prepare and manage Tax related transactions.
- Working with an INGO is preferable.
- Basic excel skill is mandatory.
- Fluency in English (both writing and spoken).
- Fluency in Bengali.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.