Deadline: 27 June 2016
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Finance Assistant will provide support for the smooth running of the Budget & Finance Sub-Unit.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Maintain and update the monitoring of advances paid against DFC and obtains the statements of expenditures (SoE) for adjustments.
- Monitor financial status in GSM and prepares implementation status reports as required.
- Submit status of DFC financial advanced monitoring report to BFO / SEARO on quarterly basis.
- Assist in calculation and compilation of cost estimates and projected budget requirements and assist in preparation of the budget estimates for DFC/APW/TSA as appropriate.
- Assist in maintaining financial records, reports and reference files related to DFC/APW/TSA.
- Update files in a timely manner ensuring all financial/technical documents are available and retrieved easily.
- Assist in maintaining contacts with local banks to clarify questions pertaining to office bank accounts.
- Assist in preparing payment vouchers and prepares payment instructions to the bank when required.
- Assist in reconciling banks and e-Imprest accounts, including cash payments on a monthly basis.
- Generate/download reports from GSM and present them in easily readable form in excel worksheets.
- Prepare data and follow up material amongst others, in related to the incumbentant’s area of work.
- Replace other assistants in the unit during absence.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school education
- Training in book-keeping, accounting and computer applications is desirable.
- University Degree in finance or accounting or administration and finance would be an asset.
- 5 or more years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, finance and/or budget activities.
- Experience in UN/International Organization would be an advantage.
- Familiar with Bangladesh banking system.
- Knowledge of financial support issues and requirements and modern office procedures and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken in English and local language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.