Deadline: 16 November 2021
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Associate t in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Associate will perform the following functions:
- Implement financial strategies, in full compliance of UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and recording and reporting systems:
- Perform duties in full compliance with UN Women financial regulations and rules, policies and standard operating procedures, including internal controls.
- Prepare and administer CO budgets in full compliance of UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and recording and reporting systems:
- Formulate the budget, control allotments, monitor expenditures, and prepare revisions according to the needs of the CO.
- Track the appropriate and timely use of financial resources.
- Provide finance support to the Programme and Operations team:
- Review accounts receivables for UN Women projects and follow-up with project managers and finance section at regional office and/or headquarters on contributions, deposits creation in Atlas and their application to AR pending items.
- Provide administrative support to Resource Mobilization:
- Compile and process information from donors, CO, and programme team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Conduct training and/or helping organize training events and activities; as well as participate in trainings.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- Specialize national or international certification in accounting and finance is an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting is an asset.
- Successful completion of UN Women Accounting and Finance Test is required.
- At least 6 year’s progressively responsible experience in finance.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Bangla is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.