Deadline: 25 October 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Associate in Cox’s Bazaar, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 12 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Associate will perform the following functions:
- Assist in providing the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
- Support the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures and assist in setup and implementation of proper accounting procedures, systems and internal controls.
- Monitor monthly expenditure forecasts and provide expenditure reports in order to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Monitor the centralized registry system in order to process all payments to internal staff and invoices to external suppliers in a timely manner and in accordance with WFP standards.
- Co-ordinate with other teams in order to ensure that all financial and administrative services are being performed efficiently and in line with the needs of the wider team.
- Monitor account balances and process financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner, to avoid the occurrence of an overdraft.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) and/or Post Graduate.
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in a relevant subject is preferable.
- Minimum 5 year’s progressively responsible work experience in Finance/Accounting/budget area is required.
- Experience of working in an International NGO/organization will be an added advantage.
- Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet, and other WFP standard software packages and systems eg. COMET.
- Familiarity with SAP/ERP/similar accounting software applications is considered a plus.
- General knowledge of UN system administrative policies, rules, regulations and procedures in the area of administration.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
- Nationality of
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.