Deadline: 22 June 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance & Operations Specialist in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 6 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance & Operations Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate project activities with local stakeholders, including livestock, environment, FAO, farmer groups/producer organizations.
- Maintain financial records and reconcile expenditures, balances payments, statements and other day to day transactions and reports, by retaining continuing awareness of accounts balances.
- Prepare periodic and ad-hoc reports as required for budget preparation as per needs of the government, FAO and the donors.
- Prepare payment documents according to FAO procedures for approval by the Budget Holder and process expenditures incurred as per the programme budget lines and codes.
- Work closely with the project team and the FAO admin/operations Team to support and ensure the day-to-day transactions of the project at different stages of the Project Life Cycle.
- Carry out the functions of preparing all payments and accounting adjustments made under the assigned project or projects and ensure proper entries in the ERP System.
- Maintain budgetary accounts to determine availability of funds from donor and recommend immediate actions to the project manager and operations specialist management as required monitor cash flows and ensure that sufficient funds are available.
Applicant must have:
- Higher Degree in Finance, Business Management, Business Administration.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional-level experience in finance and operations within the UN or International organization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- High numeracy and sound technical skills.
- Problem-solving skills and initiative.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence others.
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature.
- Work knowledge of English (written and verbal) and local dialect is preferred.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.