Deadline: 11 March 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Fresh Market Trainer in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of the post is 6 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Fresh Market Trainer will perform the following functions:
- Build strong collaboration with market associations and Ward-level government officials of selected markets and Wards of Dhaka North CC, Dhaka South CC, Narayanganj CC, and Gazipur CC
- Contribute to the development of training manuals and facilitator training guideline (in English and Bengali) on a range of subjects including food safety, maintenance and operations, effective governance, waste management, and organizational leadership.
- Conduct a stakeholder capacity assessment and market needs assessment of selected markets to understand the context within selected markets of Dhaka North CC, Dhaka South CC, Narayanganj CC, and Gazipur CC
- Conduct multiple trainings and capacity development workshops for fresh market stakeholders and community members
- Assist in preparing the post training reports
- Contribute to evaluating training modules, and where necessary modify and improve them
- Maintain regular follow-up with the groups activity and provide necessary technical support to the groups and resource person;
- Prepare of progress reports on a monthly basis and the preparation of a final report at end of the Consultancy to be submitted to FAO
- Perform other related duties as required
Applicant must have:
- Minimum Master’s degree or equivalent in Environmental Engineering, Environmental science or an advanced degree in natural resource management, waste management, Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- At least 5 years of work experience including 3 years in a leading position with responsibility of conducting training programs for entrepreneurs, government officials
- Experience in gender responsive programming/implementation.
- Experience in conducting leadership training for business and non-business organizations/ participants
- Experience in training for awareness building and pedagogic skills
- Experience working with Government structures or in similar contexts would be an advantage
- Excellent ability to conduct trainings in a credible and effective manner
- Demonstrated written skills
- Very good competency in planning, conducting result based training and workshops
- Demonstrated competency in capacity building, training module development, and organizational and leadership development of urban poor
- National of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.