Deadline: 10 August 2021
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of GBV Programme Specialist in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
The GBV Programme Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Responsible for the management and coordination of the GBV component of the above-presented Project.
- Manage the GBV component of the Project in host community focusing on service provision for GBV prevention and response, harmonized GBV case management including referral, psychosocial support, GBV Information Management System (GBVIMS), integrated SRHR and GBV services, health sector response to GBV, capacity building of multiple Government (GO) and non-government stakeholders, awareness raising and social behavioral change communication (SBCC) engaging men and boys for results.
- Work closely with the HGSP Programme Coordinator – (SRH) on programme management, reporting and compliance, as well as with the SRHRiE, GBViE units and GBV Sub Sector.
- Liaise with the Cox’s Bazar Head of Sub Office for effective programme coordination, management and reporting between humanitarian and development efforts.
- Assist in monitoring results achieved during implementation, and ensuring a systematic programme management for GBV related activities of UNFPA in Cox’s Bazar.
- Implement partners in the field to ensure appropriate project implementation in relation to UNFPA’s GBV indicators and reporting measures.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in in Social sciences/Gender studies/development studies/ International Affairs/ Anthropology/Phycology/ Law or related subject.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional experience in the field of development and population activities, with experience in programme/project management.
- Professional experience in planning, designing and management of development programme/projects.
- Proven experience in managing GBV case management, PFA, GBVIMS and referral.
- Experience in working/coordination with other countries, region and experts team at regional and/or global level.
- Sound and in-depth understanding about the gender and gender based violence situation.
- Knowledge on multi-sectoral support and survivor cantered approach.
- Knowledge on integrated GBV and health/reproductive health service will be added advantage.
- Familiarity with UN system would be an added value.
- Fluency in English is required with a high quality report writing skills.
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.