Deadline: 26 January 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Information Management Officer (GBV) in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Information Management Officer (GBV) will perform the following functions:
- Data management and analysis
- Maintain the data in the tools in place by supervising the field team and on data entry and generating regular reports for information management, MEAL and subsector reporting purposes.
- Demonstrate progressive autonomy in adapting to changing MEAL and subsector reporting purposes and hence have a sensitivity to AGD mainstreaming.
- Draft the quantitative aspects of all reporting, including donor and government.
- Ensure effective data management by developing GBV and project management data collection tools and methodologies, designing database systems for data management and analysis purposes.
- Ensure availability of updated and quality information for informed decision-making by DRC’s GBV team by identifying pertinent variables, including analyzing and interpreting multiples datasets, identifying trends and patterns in protection issues and project management.
- Analyze the collected and cleaned data to see the trends and predict practical and reliable targets for the future projects and Joint Response Plans.
- Maintain and manage the Internal Indicator Performance Tracking Tool (IPTT), see the project progress every month and report to the line manager if any discrepancy occurs.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in information technology, information systems, statistics, social sciences or a relevant field.
- 2 year’s of relevant experience at the national level in information management, database management, mapping and web development.
- Previous experience in GBV or MHPSS database management or PIMS will be strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of different data collection methodologies and proven capacity to analyze statistical information.
- Proven abilities in data collection, compilation, analysis and reporting with ability to write in a clear and concise manner and effective oral communication.
- Proven skills in infographic management
- Evidence of adherence to confidentiality and other do no harm standards in Protection/MHPSS.
- Empathy and sound understanding of the Cox’s Bazar humanitarian and development responses.
- Advanced English proficiency.
- Fluency in Bangla and local language.
- Ability to type in Bangla.
- Fluency in English and Bengali (writing and speaking).
- Chittagonian (Fluency in speaking).
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.