Deadline: 22 June 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Logistics & Administrative Specialist in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 6 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Logistics & Administrative Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide logistic and administrative support necessary for the effective implementation of all activities involving the assigned project to related support staff, including training, meetings, seminars, and workshops.
- Ensure proper disbursements and returns of unused funds for trainings, workshops and meetings in line with FAO rules and procedures and also adhering to the donor requirements.
- Assist in requesting and managing petty expenditures, maintaining accounting and financial records to trace and reconcile expenditures and fund availability, and preparing recurrent and occasional reports and correspondence.
Maintain inventories of non-expendable items and ensure proper functioning of assets while assisting in preparing related reports and administrative actions.
- Prepare/draft routine correspondence, emails, memoranda and reports as instructed in accordance with standard office procedures.
- Provide assistance in the administrative processing of recruitments, and contract management consultants’ contracts, and support to the implementation of fellowship, training and contract research activities.
- Arrange appointments/meetings, take minutes of meetings, and provide other office, administrative/logistics support to meetings, committees, conferences, etc.
- Coordinate use of project vehicles ensuring proper care, and supervise the project drivers staff, including drivers and office assistants.
Applicant must have:
- Higher Degree in Business Management, Business Administration.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional-level experience in finance and operations within the UN or International organization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Problem-solving and initiative and negotiation skills and the ability to influence others.
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature.
- Work knowledge of English (written and verbal) and local dialect is preferred.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.