Deadline: 5 August 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Field Monitoring and Implementation Specialist in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 8 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Field Monitoring and Implementation Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Design, plan, manage and organize national and sub-national level capacity development programmes, including workshops, e-learning courses, and sensitization sessions, in close coordination with the TAT and in line with the MUCH institutional and capacity development strategy.
- Contribute to supporting the M&E of the sub national implementation of the NFNS PoA (2020-2030) across the common results framework being used.
- Coordinate closely with organizers of capacity development programmes, whether they are academic institutions, external training centres, project’s partners, or individual trainers, in order to ensure successful management and implementation of the programmes, including the preparation of letters of agreement and progress reports.
- Guide and liaise closely with trainees or beneficiaries of capacity development programmes, which entails logistical and financial arrangements, and post-training follow up.
- Conduct pre- and post-training course evaluations and assess impacts of capacity development programmes on individual and institutional level contributions to food and nutrition security objectives.
- Collaboration with TAT, contribute to using benchmark indicators from the MUCH supported research for tracking specific policy issues on nutrition and food safety.
- Prepare reports and written materials, including concept notes, background materials, letters and communication materials, and training reports summarizing main results of training programmes.
- Provide inputs to the preparation of a training work plan, monthly, and annual progress reports as well as to quarterly communication and visibility products reports for submission to donors.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced university Degree/Bachelor’s Degree in agriculture, statistics, nutrition, social sciences or other relevant field is essential
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant experience if possessing an advanced Degree and 7 year’s in the case of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Working knowledge of English, fluency in both Bangla and English.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.