Deadline: 5 August 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Governance Policy Advisor in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 8 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Governance Policy Advisor will perform the following functions-
- Support engaging FPMU, five core ministries (food, agriculture, livestock/fisheries, women/children affairs, and health/family welfare), civil society and the private sector more proactively in policy dialogues and consultations on FNS governance, as well as in sectoral and cross-sectoral policy formulation, programming and implementation, mainly at sub national levels.
- Facilitate the development of methods or tools for the government and stakeholders to institutionalize in sectoral institutional systems and coordination mechanisms, clear, agreed protocols and participatory approaches to FNS policy dialogues, formulation, implementation and monitoring, for uptake at sub national levels.
- Support the formulation of the implementation and monitoring plans for the Plan of Action of the National Food and Nutrition Security Policy 2020.
- Support the implementation of the Plan of Action at the sub-national level.
- Contribute to facilitating the coordination and harmonization of NFSNP PoA and NPAN 2 implementation at sub national levels through existing institutional structures.
- Support the effective delivery of training programmes, in particular in the fields of institutional development, governance, rights-based approaches, and gender integration and provide in-service training and guidance to FPMU, policy and planning units of other core ministries.
- Promote the mainstreaming of right to safe food, including gender (both women and men, age, wealth, ethnicity, etc.) within cross-sectoral and sectoral FSN policies, programmes and investment plans.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced university Degree in social sciences, economics, public policy, public administration, organizational development, development studies, law or other relevant field.
- Minimum 7 year’s relevant experience.
- Demonstrate experience in facilitating multi-stakeholder dialogues, especially between government, development partners, civil society and the private sector.
- Working knowledge of English, fluency in both Bangla and English
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.