Deadline: 5 August 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Nutrition Advisor in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 8 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Nutrition Advisor will perform the following functions-
- Provide inputs to the formulation of the implementation and monitoring plan for the Plan of Action (PoA) of the National Food and Nutrition Security Policy (NFNSP) 2020 with a focus on strengthening nutrition actions within poverty reduction, vulnerability, gender, nutrition-sensitive social protection and resilience issues so and maximise the outcomes for healthy diets and nutrition.
- Conduct national and field consultations to disseminate the PoA, especially the sections concerned with food consumption, utilization and nutrition, food safety, hygiene gender, and resilience.
Support the sub-national level implementation of the PoA through strengthening support across the multi sectoral institutional arrangements to enable policy synergy at sub-national levels with close harmonization with BNNC.
- Participate in multi-stakeholder dialogues to identify food and nutrition security policy related initiatives, action agendas and nutrition relevant research needs in collaboration with inter-ministerial different committees related to PoA.
- Support dissemination of the nutrition related research outputs produced by MUCH and enable uptake of research results to improve diets and impact child nutrition.
- Support the dissemination of nutrition education materials for schools, nutrition clubs and youth groups across sub national levels, notably the NCB learning materials .
- Support the effective delivery of training programmes for analysts, policy and planning officers in the FPMU, core partner ministries of the Programme, members of the inter-ministerial thematic teams and representatives of civil society and the private sector in particular in the field of specific nutrition issues, such as FBDGs, FCT and CF.
- Deliver on-the-job training and guidance to policy and planning officers of the FPMU, core partner Ministries, members of the inter-ministerial food security teams and representatives of civil society and the private sector on issues related to nutrition.
- Identify diet, nutrition and food safety related indicators that are SMART to be included in the food security and nutrition data management system for monitoring and assessing nutritional status as input to the joint national GAP strategy.
- Contribute to planning, monitoring, execution and reporting on programme implementation.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced university Degree in food science and nutrition, human nutrition, Development/Health Economics or other relevant field is essential.
- Minimum 7 year’s relevant experience.
- Demonstrate experience in facilitating multi-stakeholder dialogues, especially between government, development partners, civil society and the private sector.
- Strong network of collaboration and coordination with relevant stakeholders and ability to foster such collaborations.
- Working knowledge of English, fluency in both Bangla and English.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.