Deadline: 7 November 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 1 year.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Support the Operational Data Analyst on overall KIM duties.
- Take a main role in the centralization of the emergency data sources, specifically in the ongoing collaboration between the Cox’s Bazar emergency and the Cash-Based Transfer Data Assurance Team (CBT DAT) based in HQ.
- Related with the previous point, develop advanced data transformations using Python, pandas, and Jupyter Notebooks.
- Support management, design and implementation of new analysis that fulfill the necessities of the different units within the emergency.
- Review the information flow in place and provide constructive critics with the goal of improving its robustness, privacy protection and automation.
- Interact with the Information & Management focal points of the different units and translate their business needs into technical requirements.
- Support on the maintenance of the already existing dashboards, updating them and including new functionalities when required.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) in computer science, mathematics, physics, statistics, MIS , data analysis or other related fields.
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in a relevant subject is preferable.
- At least 5 year’s progressively responsible professional experience including 3 year’s in analytics, information management, data visualization and/or data base management.
- Advanced level using Python (preferred), or any other analytics related coding language (R, Matlab, Scala, Julia, or SAS).
- Fluency in English & Bengali (both oral and written) is required.
- Fluency in Chittagonian dialect is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.