Deadline: 2 september 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Officer will perform the following functions:
- Knowledge Management for Programmes
- Contribute to country programmes by supporting knowledge management through providing professional assistance in data collection and analysis, complete and accurate reporting as well as
- participate in the Programme Knowledge Network events and activities organized by the office.
- Participate in information exchange with partners as well as in the development of training and orientation material by providing professional technical assistance.
- Programme Monitoring and Evaluation
- Collaborate with partners to carry out a rigorous and transparent approach to programme management with a focus on compliance with HACT processes and procedures.
- Participate in and support HACT assurance activities and partnership review meetings with government and non-governmental implementing partners.
- Collaborate and prepare quarterly/annual program status reports in a timely manner, as required.
- Optimum Use of Program Funds
- Monitor programme implementation progress and compliance with UNICEF policies and procedures including HACT.
- Monitor the allocation and disbursement of programme funds, making sure that funds are properly coordinated, utilized in line with grant agreement, monitored and liquidated.
- Appropriate recommendation or action to optimize use of programme funds.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required social sciences, international relations, government, public administration, public policy, social policy, social development, community development, or another relevant technical field.
- 1 year of professional work experience is required.
- Experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.