Deadline: 3 October 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Management Specialist in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Project Management Specialist will monitor the status and progress of all ongoing loans, technical assistance (TA) projects and non-lending products and services of SARD; recommend corrective actions and provide support for addressing implementation problems to improve project performance and contribute to strategic pillars under a country partnership strategy (CPS).
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Management Specialist will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Undertake the process of country level portfolio and project improvements and capacity development in coordination with external financiers and key government institutions to address the government’s reform agenda as well as project management and performance.
- Support conducting the QPRMs and CPRMs and help the Country Director for high-level portfolio and project discussions.
- Monitor the progress of implementation and achievement of intended outputs/goals/development objectives, and status of compliance with covenants for priority projects.
- Endorse review missions Back-to-Office Reports and ensure the quality and consistency with Project Administration Instructions, and other relevant guidelines, instructions and policies.
- Provide guidance and advice for the identification and implementation of action items needed to resolve project implementation issues and problems while engaging in dialogue with the client on how to continuously improve the project performance monitoring system by introducing new tools to enable early detection of potential project problems.
- Inspect quality of project field operations, with focus on problem or potential problem projects while coordinating efforts in strengthening capacity of project executing and implementing agencies in project implementation, including project accounting, disbursement and procurement procedures.
- Support Head of PMU in coordinating capacity development by arranging, organizing and conducting various capacity development programs for the Nepali clients as well as PMU staff and BRM sector teams, in coordination with external financiers as appropriate and continuously reviewing the course contents in view of improving the quality and relevance of the training programs.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in engineering, economics, project management or other related fields.
- University degree combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- 8 years of relevant experience in project processing and administration in different sectors and international experience working in several countries.
- Sound understanding of policies, procedures and practices as applied in project administration.
- Ability to liaise and negotiate effectively with executing agencies, senior government officials, other project stakeholders (including community representatives and non-government organizations), other international organizations, and staff in implementing loan and TA projects and undertaking policy dialogue.
- Expertise within a specific area of ADB’s operations (economic, sector or thematic), or breadth across multiple areas with in-depth knowledge within one area.
- Ability to perform effectively as a mission leader or team lead, exercising supervision, coordination, and project monitoring.
- Ability to mentor team members, providing guidance and advice on project or technical-related matters.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.