Deadline: 1 November 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Office in Cox’s Bazaar, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 12 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Office will perform the following functions:
- Lead the project by providing the programmatic support and logistics management of the Services for Communities programme in the emergency response in Cox’s Bazar.
- Develop and recommend strategies and budgets, and write proposals
- Assess community information and communication needs as pertains to ICT and develop and implement innovative solutions through focus groups, interviews, and direct interactions and engagement with beneficiaries.
- Undertake strategic advocacy and donor outreach for funding for community projects (in collaboration with Head Quarter (Rome team).
- Manage and report on the Services for Community and Community Engagement projects, ensuring proper monitoring, donor reporting, and documentation of lessons learned.
- Work across units to collaborate on developing and managing other projects.
- Contribute to/provide community-focused content necessary for strategic planning documents (planning and budgeting for initial response plan; appeals).
Applicant must have:
- Master’s/equivalent Degree in Inernational Development, Community Development, Humanitarian Aid, Journalism, Media and Communications, or another related field or relevant experience is required.
- At least 8 year’s progressively responsible professional experience with minimum 3 year’s managerial experience with humanitarian agencies (NGOs and/or the UN) in support of humanitarian services, and experience managing projects in community engagement – preferably in digital innovation, communications, or ICT projects.
- Experience of research, conducting analyses, monitoring and evaluation of programmes.
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures in the area of field operations management.
- Demonstrate openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Fluency in English & Bengali (both oral and written) is required.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.