Deadline: 23 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Support Officer in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Project Support Officer will provide support to the delivery of the project in the areas of finance, procurement and HR.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Support Officer will perform the following functions-
- Implementation of activities in accordance with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Preparation and maintenance of project files, including internal and external project reports.
- Manage assigned delivery of work packages and take responsibility for progress.
- Coordinate and liaise with the Project Manager on the implementation progress.
- Advise the Project Manager of any deviations from the plan and update plans.
- Work with Project Manager to identify and manage risks.
- Maintain all supporting project documentation (HR, finance and procurement) for audit and review processes.
- Proactively coordinate and liaise with UNOPS Colombo Support Units (Finance, Procurement, Human Resources) on administrative management issues (related to i.e. payments, purchase orders, staff contracts) related to the projects.
- Demonstrate high levels of initiative to assist in the implementation of project activities.
- Proactively coordinate and liaise with UNOPS Regional Office and HQ (Legal and Finance units) when required on administrative management issues.
- Provide inputs and suggestions as appropriate to streamline workflows/business processes and document templates/formats.
- Manage personnel in the project assigned as subordinates if required.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Business Administration, Logistics, Emergency Management, International Relations).
- Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- PRINCE2® Foundation/Practitioner an asset, but required completion within first 6 months of on boarding.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant and progressive professional experience, specifically in the field of Project Management and Operations Management with focus on monitoring, reporting, development and coordination.
- Experience in humanitarian emergency operating contexts, including humanitarian coordination mechanisms, donors, security and operations management, an asset.
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of UN rules and procedures in Procurement, Finance, HR Management and administrative rules and regulations will be an advantage.
- Fluency in English both verbally and in writing is required.
- Knowledge of Bengali language is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.