Deadline: 17 September 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Social and Economic Analysis Specialist in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social and Economic Analysis Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Improve analysis of data on public finance for children for increased use for policy and programme action
- Undertake budget analysis to inform UNICEF’s advocacy and technical assistance to Ministries of Finance, planning commission and social sector ministries to improve equitable allocations for essential services for children.
- Work with sector colleagues to build capacity to undertake costing and cost effectiveness analysis on priority interventions to help inform policy decisions on child-focused investments.
- Undertake, and build capacity of partners for, improved monitoring and tracking of public expenditure to support transparency, accountability and effective financial flows for essential service delivery, including through support to district level planning, budgeting and public financial management as well as facilitating community participation. Support to BNNC, Ministry of Health and Finance Division to conduct public expenditure tracking.
- Strengthen social protection financing systems
- Support the conduct fiscal space analysis (ToR, Technical inputs, dialogue with government) for a universal child benefit programme (0-5 years) to explore domestic financing of increased investment for children, taking into consideration COVID-19 context and increased needs in social sectors.
- Support the development of social protection financing strategies with particular attention to increasing coverage of and impact on children, with special attention on the most marginalized.
- Promote strengthening of integrated social protection financing and expenditure systems, providing technical support to partners to improve the design of cost-efficient payment systems for cash transfers and child grants and improve linkages with other social protection interventions such as health insurance, public works and social care services as well as complementary services and intervention related to nutrition, health, education, WASH, and child protection.
- Improve evidence on child poverty & vulnerability and ensure increased use for policy and programme action
- Provide timely, regular data-driven analysis for effective prioritization, planning, and development.
- Facilitates results-based management for planning, adjusting, and scaling-up specific social policy initiatives to reduce child poverty.
- Analyze the macroeconomic context and its impact on social development, emerging issues and social policy concerns, as well as implications for children, and proposes and promotes appropriate responses in respect of such issues and concerns, including government resource allocation policies and the effect of social welfare policies on the rights of children.
- Undertake improved monitoring and research around social protection impact on child outcomes, and use of data and research findings for strengthening programme results.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in economics, public finance, public policy or development studies.
- 5 year’s of experience is required in social policy, socio-economic analysis and research.
- Experience for/with Ministry of Finance, Planning Commission, Bangladesh Bank is considered a strong asset.
- Experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.