Deadline: 5 July 2016
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Team Leader in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Team Leader will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical leadership and managerial support to the WHO Country Office team working towards progressive realization of UHC through strengthening of health systems building blocks – leadership/governance.
- Facilitate the development, implementation and monitoring of relevant work plans, promote the integration of health programmes with health systems approaches while mainstreaming gender, equity and human rights in national health strategies, programmes and activities.
- Ensure technical quality and relevance of contractual engagements with partners and institutions, as well as make recommendations to the supervisors regarding WHO’s support.
- Promote the generation of evidence on health systems, contribute to informed national policy decisions towards UHC, and support communication and advocacy work of the WCO.
- Liaise and coordinate with concerned units/ departments of MOH&FW, WHO/SEARO and WHO/HQ as well as with development partners to harmonize technical support on policies/ strategies related to health systems and universal health coverage.
- Contribute to evaluating the impact of WHO’s collaboration with Bangladesh (aggregated and area specific) and to developing evaluation tools.
- Collaborate with relevant ministries and other stakeholders in undertake gap analyses in relevant areas of work and support capacity building efforts in these deficient areas to ensure that priorities are fulfilled.
- Contribute to the external relationships, representation, communication and advocacy work of the WCO aimed at improving health system transparency and accountability.
- Represent WHO in inter-agency meetings related to Health System Strengthening and Universal Health Coverage.
- Undertake other relevant duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in health policy, health systems or public health, health financing, health economics, management or related field.
- Doctorate degree (PhD, DrPH, or et cetera) in health systems development or health financing or health economics or a related field, desirable.
- 10 years of relevant experience including considerable experience obtained in an international context, with progressive responsibility in providing technical support and management of health systems strengthening activities.
- Experience of work in UN and / or other international organizations, desirable.
- Knowledge of programmes and practices of WHO/UN agencies will be advantage.
- Experience in designing, implementing and assessing health sector reforms with a view of achieving universal health coverage, desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Excel for making high quality data analysis and PowerPoint for technical presentations and working experience in ERP systems.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.