Deadline: 27 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Warehouse Assistant in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Warehouse Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Rapid and relevant responses and assistance provided to evolving warehouse needs with a priority on receiving, storing and dispatching supplies on time as requested.
- Under the supervision of the warehouse officer/specialist, responsible for receipt and dispatch of all shipments within the warehouse in respect of UNICEF policies, guidelines, standard and procedures.
- Inspect/verify the quantity and quality of supplies received against the purchase order or any other relevant documents.
- Implement dispatch plans and organize loading and transportation of supplies to relevant consignee in consultation with warehouse in-charge, ensure proper waybills are issued for all the dispatches and inform the consignee of the upcoming deliveries.
- Ensure the warehouse is well maintained and kept clean and neat.
- Ensure fire extinguishers are located in the appropriate area and their expiry dates are regularly monitored and action taken for replacement when required.
- Ensure all stock movements are reflected in VISION, perform all the warehouse transaction for other UNICEF zonal office as instructed, records and supporting documents are maintained properly.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum Secondary Education preferably supplemented by technical or University courses related to the work of the organization.
- Minimum 5 year’s practical work experience in supply, logistics, purchasing, contracting, or other related fields is required.
- Past work experience in emergency duty station.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN language or the local language of the duty station is considered an asset.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.