Deadline: 15 July 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Associate in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Communications Associate will collaborate closely with UN Women RO and the Headquarters colleagues to ensure communications strategies, media relations and organizational outreach efforts are aligned with corporate communications policies, standards and initiatives.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Associate will perform the following functions-
- Support implementation of UN Women Country Office communication strategy and work plan.
- Provide communication support to UN Women projects teams.
- Liaise closely with UN Women Communications Team at RO and HQ to feed regional/national initiatives into corporate communications initiatives.
- Support visibility of UN Women CO in Bosnia in regional/global UN Women and national UN websites.
- Oversee and manage national social media accounts in line with corporate social media policy and provide inputs to regional/global social media accounts.
- Draft brochures, fact sheets, stories from the field to inform media and general public.
- Organize targeted advocacy around major international days and UN Women/UN campaigns related to Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment.
- Media/communication strategies conceived, planned and implemented in line with corporate guidelines to enhance the positioning of UN Women with the media in Bosnia, with a special focus on national priority areas of concern.
- Press releases and media kits drafted.
- Clear, consistent and timely responses to media inquiries, issuance of statement and corporate positions to media and other external audiences.
- Maintained and expanded contacts with national media, topics, background information, news-related developments and coverage of interest to each identified.
- Identify new communications partnerships and media alliances to enhance the visibility and cement UN Women as a thought-leader.
- Identify innovative opportunities and new communications tools and platforms which can serve to highlight the work of UN Women.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree (BA) in media and communications, journalism or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience (post-BA) in communications including experience in media relations.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience at the national level in delivering communication services to promote the activities of international development organization.
- Experience in promotion of gender issues.
- Experience in producing communication materials (print and online) for a variety of media.
- Experience in on-line outreach and multimedia.
- Previous experience within the UN System is an advantage.
- Proven experience in campaign and event organization.
- Experience in use of web editing tools and social media platforms.
- Experience in photograph and video editing.
- Excellent English and B/S/C language skills, both written and oral.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.