Deadline: 16 June 2016
Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Political Analyst in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The Political Analyst will provide analysis of domestic and international political developments pertaining to Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) and the OSCE. He/she recommends appropriate courses of action to address political challenges for the Mission and its activities.
OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Political Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Analyzing socio-political trends in the Mission’s operating environment, with a particular focus on issues affecting Mission activities and BiH’s ability to meet OSCE commitments, including through consultation and coordination with other Mission staff as needed.
- Monitoring regional developments as well as the activities of international organizations relevant to the work of the Mission.
- Alerting and advising the Senior Political Advisor on any issues that could require a response or action by the Mission and prepares regular and ad-hoc reports on socio-political trends.
- Producing and presenting background material for internal and external meetings of Mission Senior Staff, including, talking points, speeches, briefing packages, policy messages and attends and reports on these meetings as requested.
- Contributing to the drafting and review of policy documents and project proposals and reports for external distribution, ensuring that material submitted for clearance is consistent with the Mission’s mandate, OSCE commitments and political objectives.
- Contributing to the development of Mission strategy by following decisions of the OSCE Permanent and Ministerial Councils and taking part in internal working groups, with the aim of establishing coherent Mission policy in those areas.
- Supporting the Senior Political Advisor in maintaining contacts with key partners and in delivering presentations to external audiences on the country’s political environment.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in international relations, political science, social sciences, development studies or related fields.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience in international relations, within either international organizations, political parties, legislatures or academia/think-tanks.
- Good knowledge of the political situation in Bosnia and Herzegovina, international agencies in BiH and their activities and mandates.
- Knowledge of the BiH official languages is a strong advantage.
- Familiarity with the OSCE policies, procedures, practices and organizational structure is an advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages.
- Fluency in oral and written English is essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit OSCE.