Deadline: 7 June 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Support Associate in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. The duration of this post is 10 months.
The Programme Support Associate will be responsible for supporting and assisting in implementing and monitoring the activities in the selected communities of the “Standards and Engagement for Ending Violence against Women and Domestic Violence in Bosnia and Herzegovina” project, funded by SIDA.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Support Associate will perform the following functions-
- Support the EVAW Team in the implementation and coordination of the activities aimed at improving the availability, accessibility and quality of services to survivors of violence against women and domestic violence.
- Actively participate in planning meetings, and propose interventions based on need assessments.
- Establish effective working relations with the selected implementing partners and stakeholders.
- Undertake regular monitoring missions to contribute to timely delivery and quality of results.
- Support provided to the national experts/consultants and institutions/civil society groups who will be involved in the implementation of certain activities.
- Identify and link to related ongoing activities within other institutions/organizations and encourage collaboration and synergies.
- Contribute to the development of quarterly monitoring reports on the state of the project implementation in the communities where the project will be implemented.
- Support the revision of the documentation and reports provided by implementing partners.
- Contribute to development of annual reports and donor reports.
- Contribute to ensure project documentation/communication is properly done and tracking system is in place for effective project closure.
- Ensure adherence to the UN Women operating rules and procedures.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in gender, development, public policy, social studies or closely related field.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in similar positions is required.
- Demonstrated project experience will be highly valued as well as the previous work on topics related to gender equality, human rights and provision of services for the survivors of gender based violence.
- Experience with the international standards related to the Project Cycle Management and Monitoring and Evaluation of Projects is required.
- Experience working with women rights issues is needed and having a good understanding of gender based violence and feminism would be considered an asset.
- Previous experience working with international organizations will be considered an asset.
- Excellent English and B/S/C language skills, both written and oral.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.