Deadline: 28 April 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Advisor, Medicines, Health Technologies and Research in Brasilia, Brazil. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Advisor, Medicines, Health Technologies and Research will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical cooperation to National Authorities (Ministry of Health, ANVISA – Agencia Nacional de vigilancia Sanitária, FIOCRUZ – Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Hemobras- Emp. Brasileira de Hemoderivados e Biotecnologia, States and Municipalities, in the development of policies favoring access, innovation, production, pricing and rational use of health technologies focusing on the development of policy, norms, and regulatory capacity, supporting the strengthening and decentralization of pharmaceutical services.
- Support the implementation of National Policy in Health Technology Management, the establishment of national and regional networks in health technology assessment and processes determining the selection, incorporation and management of health technologies within the Unified Health System (SUS).
- Provide technical support for the implementation of the National Blood Policy, of the National Blood Transfusion Program and of the National Program of Patient Safety.
- Develop technical cooperation strategies to strengthen national capacity in science, technology and innovation, evaluation of national capacity, the definition of priorities, the development of policy and the regulatory framework guiding technological innovation, and the development of the health industrial complex at the national level, taking into consideration the global context.
- Support national authorities in bilateral and multi-lateral technical cooperation initiatives and promoting networking.
- Manage and coordinate activities of the Health Technologies and Research unit within the Country Office.
Applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in a pharmaceutical or other health-related science, health economics, planning and/or public health from a recognized University.
- 9 year’s combined national and international experience in the administration of programs and projects related to medicines, health technology, policy and regulation, pharmacoeconomics, procurement and supply management, production and quality control, or service delivery.
- Theoretical and practical expertise medicines and health technologies; technical and social determinants of access and use of health technologies, covering areas of policy development and regulation.
- Broad knowledge of management principles and practices with specific emphasis in financing, innovation and public health production and quality evaluation, and service delivery.
- Technical expertise in providing technical assistance to countries in the development, management, operation, or evaluation of programs or projects in health technologies and research.
- Managerial skills for the development, implementation and analysis of technical cooperation programs and activities, including budget programming and control.
- Knowledge and skills in the formulation of technical cooperation projects, interventions and in the development of criteria for evaluating program interventions, budget programming and control.
Mature judgment, strong technical, analytical, conceptual, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to identify, assess, analyze, synthesize and provide recommendation on key political and technical issues.
- Strong professional oral and writing skills, including the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical/persuasive documents for consideration at the highest levels of the Organization.
- Ability to effectively use a computer and utilize software programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Other IT skills and knowledge of other software programs such as Visio, Microsoft SharePoint and Project would be an asset.
- Very good knowledge of English or Spanish with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.