Deadline: 30 June 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Executive Assistant in Brasilia, Brazill. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Arrange appointments and maintain the PAHO/WHO Representative’s calendar, receive visitors, place and answer telephone calls, handle confidential and sensitive matters with great discretion prepare agendas and other material for the Representative for use on official trips or special meetings.
- Review all incoming correspondence which require action by the Representative review for substance, identify urgent matters and ensure that these are handled expeditiously determine which can be answered by specific Office personnel gather necessary background documentation for correspondence requiring action by the Representative make recommendations regarding the appropriate action to be taken monitor to ensure that deadlines for responses are met follow up with various Office personnel and other organizational components on the submission of reports and correspondence.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, email, etc. from general instructions and on own initiative follow up on pending matters and handle confidential material type and process correspondence, presentations, reports and other documents involving the use of technical terminology using standard office computer software.
- Review all outgoing correspondence requiring the signature of the Representative proofread for style, punctuation, grammar, spelling and adherence to the Organization’s standards and policies recommend revisions to correspondence and other documents to ensure that they are clear and accurate in content.
- Assist in the preparation of technical presentations, technical reports and articles by reviewing, correcting and/or rewriting texts to improve clarity, conciseness and coherence; prepare and verify the content of tables, graphs, and charts follow up with staff under the Representative on the submission of reports and correspondence in order to meet established deadlines.
Applicants must have:
- Certificate of completion of high school.
- Training in business administration would be an asset.
- 6 year’s general office or administrative work experience, including supervisory responsibilities.
- Administrative experience working in an international environment including frequent interaction with high level government, executive and other officials- would be considered an asset.
- Ability to write/originate routine and nonroutine correspondence and reports.
- Ability to prepare working translations.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and carry out administrative processes.
- Ability to research, analyze and organize information in order to prepare charts, graphics, reports, etc.
- Ability to organize and monitor protocol arrangements in accordance with established standards.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively use a computer and utilize software programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Other IT skills and knowledge of other software programs such as Visio, Microsoft SharePoint and Project would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Spanish would be an asset.
- Very good knowledge of Portuguese and English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.