Deadline: 1 July 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Brasilia, Brazil. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Perform a wide range of financial transactions in accordance with the Organization’s financial rules and regulations; prepare accounting entries for payments process all payment related transactions utilizing the financial and budgetary systems record and validate information and financial data.
- Utilize the PASB Management Information System (PMIS) and other approved budgetary and financial software programs to process financial transaction generate standard financial status reports assist in the process of analyzing and proposing improvements to the system of payments ensure that records are maintained in accordance with established protocols.
- Coordinate changes to signatory panels for the Country Office bank accounts when needed, ensuring that the
- proposed signatory meets the requirements in accordance with the Organization’s policy governing signatory panels report the proposed changes to FRM/HQ.
- Maintain daily cash management and forecast projections, to allow decision-making in the interest of the Organization.
- Track maturity of local currency investments and liaise with the bank and FRM/Headquarters regarding investment documentation and maturity.
- Maintain daily cash flow and monitor the local bank account to ensure that balances are kept as low as practicable, while still maintaining sufficient funds to meet all obligations.
- Account for receipts and contributions from donors and other sources, funding requirements for the replenishment of local currency accounts and repatriation of excess cash, assist with official bank reconciliation.
Applicants must have:
- Certificate of completion of high school.
- Specialize training at the college, university or business school level with emphasis on finance and/or accounting would be an asset.
- 5 year’s experience in general accounting work, including experience with automated systems for financial and budgetary control operations or 3 year’s experience in accounting/financial budgetary operations, and 1 year’s college or university level courses towards a declared minor/major in the area of accounting, finance or business administration.
- Proficiency in the use of automated financial accounting systems and specialized mainframe associated with assigned responsibilities.
- Knowledge of accounting and treasury principles and practices.
- Ability to write/originate routine and non-routine correspondence and reports in accordance with established standards.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and carry out financial/accounting and administrative processes.
- Ability to maintain databases, input data, and prepare reports and documentation including special charts, graphics, etc.
- Ability to research, analyze and organize information in order to present status reports.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively use a computer and utilize software programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Very good knowledge of Portuguese and English.
- Work knowledge of Spanish would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.