Deadline: 10 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Partnerships Advisor in Brasília, Brazil. The duration of this post is 3 months.
The Partnerships Advisor will be responsible for developing and implementing the partnership and programme development plan for the Brazilian Operations Centre.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Partnerships Advisor will perform the following functions-
- Monitor and evaluate development trends and needs to identify areas of collaboration within UNOPS mandate and existing capacity.
- Research events, publications and announcements, to track and screen opportunities for possible UNOPS interventions and identify trends that will drive partnership opportunities.
- Provide advice and feedback to the Brazil Programme Manager on the development of framework partnership agreements that can increase opportunities at the local level.
- Contribute to the identification, design, formulation and negotiation of new projects and programs and draft concept notes and project document briefs for discussion with partners.
- Manage projects developed in partnership with the Brazilian Cooperation Agency (ABC).
- Support the negotiation of proposals to close new project opportunities.
- Establish solid working relationship with the project board (Executive, Senior Users and Senior Suppliers), client and key stakeholders.
- Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover products.
- Implement approved project plans (including the establishment of milestones) within tolerances set by the project board.
- Embed sustainability dimensions including social and gender inclusion, environmental and economic aspects into project life cycle.
- Manage budgets, cash flow and obligations to ensure that deliverables are met and payments to contractors and personnel are received on time.
- Understand and manage UNOPS overheads, allocable charges, and related corporate charges as they apply to the project.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as Business Administration, Public Administration, International Development, Engineering, Political Science, Communications or International Relations.
- PRINCE2 Foundation is required.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner is an asset.
- 2 years of experience in an international development including demonstrated experience in Project development and proposal writing.
- Prior experience working in project with international organizations, and international development agenda in Brazil.
- Related experience with the Brazilian Cooperation Agency processes and requirements.
- Fluency in written and spoken Portuguese and English.
- Working knowledge of Spanish is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.