Deadline: 24 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Salvador, Brazil.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Facilitate the processing of contracts for consultants, vendors and external partners that support the office in programme delivery.
- Review and process payments, collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and thereafter processing in VISION and service gateway.
- Prepare and maintain records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation and financial expenditures.
- Support the management of administrative supplies and office equipment.
- Maintain office calendar and arranging meetings.
- Provide support on budget revision/preparation, implementation status, determination position of funding utilization, operational, and financial closure.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or University Degree in Accountancy, Public Administration, Planning and Management, Public Management, Social Policy, International Relations Affairs, or other related disciplines.
- Minimum 5 year’s progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Desired knowledge on financial and programme/project management.
- Candidate with experience supporting high level managers and in programme management will have an advantage.
- Executive assistance experience is desirable.
- Background or familiarity with Planning and Programme Management.
- Background on financial control and monitoring social projects.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese is required.
- Knowledge of Spanish is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.