Deadline: 11 April 2018
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Protection Specialist in Bujumbura, Burundi.
WBG has set 2 ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social Protection Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Supervise the implementation of social protection, health and IEY operations in Burundi by providing daily support to clients and linking with the Task Team Leaders.
- Contributing the preparation of the IEY Project for Burundi and the potential Additional Financings to the SSN Project.
- Support Social Protection and IEY missions to Burundi.
- Actively participate and represent the World Bank at the Social Protection working groups.
- Identify key challenges at the policy, program and administrative level for nutrition-sensitive social protection programs and develop evidence to address key concerns (dependency, lack of fiscal space, exclusion).
- Explore the political economy of social contracts and financing human development in general and cash transfers and nutrition programs in particular in Burundi.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Economics, Social Science or related discipline.
- At least five years of relevant operational experience in the development field, preferably in the social sectors in Burundi with emphasis on program design and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive, professional relationships with government counterparts, donors, civil society and other stakeholders.
- High capacity for organization and coordination, as well as an ability to work with a high degree of independence in a team environment.
- Nationality of Burundi.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.