Deadline: 20 December 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communication for Development Specialist in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
The Communications for Development Specialist will be responsible to provide technical support to the Dori and Fada N’Gourma office.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication for Development Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate communication actions in the context of the emergency in close contact with the emergency committee and the emergency coordinator in UNICEF.
- Develop communication approaches and strategies.
- Support the implementation of behaviour and social change activities with a particular focus on community engagement in humanitarian situations.
- Participate in consultation meetings on emergency issues with a particular focus on communication for development issues.
- Participate in technical consultations meetings at the inter-agency level of the United Nations (OCHA, UNDP, WFP, IOM…).
- Participate in actions to strengthen social cohesion and the culture of peace, including the contribution of communication actions.
- Conduct reflections and analyses to strengthen communication actions on the ground, including a focus on cultural factors and social norms.
- Develop communication media and tools.
- Establish and support the construction of networks, alliances and strategic partnerships on the ground to strengthen the results of communication interventions.
- Train actors and identify communication channels for more effective actions.
- Participate in field missions (monitoring, supervision).
- Make proposals and recommendations for the proper implementation of communication actions.
- Provide periodic reports on the state of implementation of communication interventions.
Applicants must have:
- An advanced university degree (bac + 5) in one of the following fields is required: Communication for development, Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Education, Communication, Public Relations or a related discipline or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: communication for development, advocacy, planning, implementation and monitoring of communication actions for behaviour change and community engagement with a focus on responding to emergencies.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in French and English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.