Deadline: 8 August 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Specialist in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Support to financial planning and management.
- Control of accounts.
- Treasury and cash management.
- Knowledge and capacity building.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent or any other comparable recognized professional qualification.
- Professional certification (CA; CPA; etc.) from an internationally recognized, accredited chartered accountancy institution is required or an advanced diploma qualification in CIPFA or its equivalent with other internationally recognized institutions along with an Advanced University Degree.
- University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s progressive professional experience in financial management or audits in an international organization and/or large corporation is required.
- Experience in database packages, web-based management systems and ERP systems (preferably SAP financial modules), IPSAS, IFRS is considered as an asset.
- Experience in a UN system agency or organization some of which served in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel required.
- Fluency in French is required.
- Knowledge of English is required and the local working language of the duty station is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.