Deadline: 20 August 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Health Safety and Security Manager in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. The duration of this post is 12 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Health Safety and Security Manager will perform the following functions:
- Development and implementation of the NRC Security Management Policy at national level.
- Conduct Security Risk Analysis (SRA) according to minimum operational requirements (MOSS).
- Minimize security risks to the operations of NRC.
- Management of security staff at country office.
- Support, training, control and development of security staff in all offices.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Communicate and cooperate with relevant external security actors.
- Responsible for the implementation of the security risk management policy of NRC in BFN.
- Lead, orient and supervise the National Security Adviser who collaborate with the team of liaison officers and radio operators of NRC in BFN.
- Lead and monitor the implementation and compliance of NRC security risk management policy, and reduce risks by seeking creative solutions for mitigation to (in order of priority) NRC staff, programs, organization, beneficiaries and assets.
- Undertake regularly missions in the field and provide technical support and security advice to the Area Managers (AM).
Applicants must have:
- 3 year’s of experience from working as a Senior Health Safety and Security Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Fluency in French and English is essential, both written and verbal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.