Deadline : 30 september 2020
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Program Manager in Burkina Faso.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Manager will perform the following functions:
- Manage the Ouahigouya office and programming in the Nord region, including supervising day-to-day operations of the office and overseeing activities.
- Serve as primary senior management team representative at the regional level, and the national level as required, in collaboration with the team under his/her direct supervision in Ouahigouya, senior project leadership in Ouagadougou, and USAID/OTI.
- Develop and deepen relationships with local government stakeholders, grant recipients, and local government/project beneficiaries in the Nord region.
- Provide guidance to the program team on translating program strategies from the national to local level.
- Oversee the development of grants activities in accordance with the project’s strategic framework as determined by USAID/OTI, under the supervision of the deputy chief of party.
- Prepare, analyze, and evaluate documents related to grants activities, including concept proposals and subgrant agreements, to ensure compliance with the project’s strategic framework.
- Supervise the development, implementation, and conclusion of multiple grants activities on a continual basis in a dynamic environment.
- Advise the chief of party and senior project leadership on the evolution of the local security situation and suggest ways to constantly adapt to ensure that the program remains relevant and effective.
- Coordinate and ensure fluid and productive collaboration between team members including program development officers, grant managers, MEL staff, procurement staff, and accountants to ensure effective grant implementation while maintaining compliance.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree required.
- Graduate degree highly desired.
- 6-8 year’s of experience in designing, managing and implementing programs related to community stabilization, social cohesion, peace building, and resilience to effects of violence in the Sahel or similar contexts.
- Experience with OTI projects, principles, and operational procedures, including the activity cycle.
- Experience in program, operations and personnel management, and strong ability to build interpersonal relationships needed to be effective with stakeholders.
- Experience working with local organizations to implement participatory activities.
- Experience with donor-funded programs is highly preferred.
- Strong organizational, management and administrative skills, strong writing and reporting skills, experience with monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to think about and conceptualize relevant grant activities.
- Knowledge of local and international NGOs and community-based organizations implementing relevant activities and programs in the country, as well as key government stakeholders and stakeholders, with an accurate understanding.
- Knowledge of the political environment and social conditions in Eastern Burkina Faso.
- Fluency in French is essential and proficiency in English and relevant local languages is highly desired.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.