Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Research Associate in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
IPA is a research and policy non-profit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Research Associate will perform the following functions-
- Developing and piloting the survey instruments, including programming questions onto a mobile phone/tablet and managing the translation of the survey into the local languages.
- Supporting the development and implementation of the intervention monitoring, including creation of protocols and monitoring mechanisms for a smooth roll out of the intervention.
- Hiring, training, and managing field teams who will conduct the interviews and implement the intervention monitoring.
- Managing all field logistics, procuring equipment, and ensuring the study and the intervention have approvals from local authorities.
- Overseeing all the data collection.
- Ensuring all data quality protocols are followed including auditing enumerators and performing daily checks of the incoming data.
- Correcting the errors of staff iteratively to ensure the data is of the highest quality.
- Managing the data from collection at the household to delivery of a final, cleaned dataset.
- Managing the budget including tracking all expenses to ensure costs are within project funds.
- Writing regular progress reports and leading project meetings to ensure deadlines are met.
- Working closely with partners running the intervention and liaising between all stakeholders to ensure all interests are aligned and accounted for.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, public policy, international development, health or related fields.
- Experience working or living in developing countries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Strong quantitative skills and very good knowledge of Stata required.
- Programming and other technical knowledge a strong plus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead staff efficiently to achieve project goal.
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently and a team player.
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV with cover letter through online process.
For more information, please visit IPA.