Deadline: 26 August 2021
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Development Officer in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Social Development Officer will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to the preparation of Country Strategy Papers (CSP) and Portfolio Review reports (PRRs), with particular emphasis on social sector development.
- Participate in the identification, preparation and appraisal of social projects/programs.
- Facilitate the launching and loan administration of social projects in Burkina Faso.
- Supervise the implementation of social projects financed by the Bank Group in Burkina Faso.
- Participate in various Social Sector Working Group activities and related donor-coordination meeting such as Poverty Reduction Budget Support (PRBS), key country processes and initiatives, including budget, public expenditure reviews, and poverty reduction strategy, workshops and seminars on social aspects all with a view to inform and advise the Country Manager and the Management of the Bank on appropriate measures to take.
- Assist in the Preparation of Project Completion Reports.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in one of the following Social Science disciplines Education, Health, Gender, Population, Social Protection or Poverty Reduction Economics or Planning or Business Administration.
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant experience in planning, administration or project management of social development initiatives.
- Strong research/analytical skills in one of the following areas social development policy formulation, project management, or donors’ coordination, with ability to strategically and rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources into conclusions and recommendation.
- Depth knowledge of social, political and development issues in Burkina Faso.
- Ability to understand complex problems in education, health, gender, population and poverty related aspects, to identify key issues and recommend pragmatic solutions.
- Good knowledge of the education, health, gender, population and poverty related aspects and human development issues in the country.
- Strong understanding of multi-sector approaches and gaps in education, health, gender, population and poverty related aspects and social development.
- Knowledge of the practices of major bilateral and multilateral agencies, development partners in the country will be an asset.
- Competence in the use of standard MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Knowledge of SAP would be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French with a working knowledge of the other language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.