Deadline: 15 February 2018
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Assistant Program in Bujumbura, Burundi. The duration of this post is 12 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Assistant Program will perform the following functions-
- Monitor the manufacturing process of mobile improved cookstoves from raw material extraction to finished product in production centers managed by WFP partners.
- Regularly provide technical supervision of the construction of improved institutional stoves and kitchen shelters, guide and advise the program team of the sub-office and partners on implementation strategies, implementation of working processes, choice of construction materials, supervision of works and quality control procedures.
- This is to help meet the requirements and specifications defined by PAM.
- Assist the office in checking the quality and quantity of alternative fuels (briquettes) before delivery and upon receipt to schools.
- Carry out site reconnaissance visits (material extraction locations, topography and environmental aspects of the site) and collect data / information necessary for the development of technical and administrative documents.
- Contribute to the preparation of the technical file for starting and monitoring activities.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum of A2 Technician (Technical Engineer) degree in civil engineering, rural engineering or other related fields. (Attach a copy of the diploma to the profile and the service certificates)
- A good oral and written expression of the French language is required.
- A good expression of Kirundi is required.
- Knowledge of English (written and oral) would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.